CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Ready, Set, Go!


The boys had their Pinewood Derby this week and loved every minute of it. They worked and worked on their cars for a couple of weeks, with the help of dad. They took second in all of the heats that they raced, but that wasn't good enough for the finals. There were some pretty fast cars this year. Tanner stated, once we were on our way home, that his car did better than he thought it would do. Hooray for that! This was also Austin's last year participating, since he will be moving on into Boy Scouts. So it was fun to have the both of them to race this year and it will be the only time that we will have two boys in Cub Scouts at the same time. Good Job Boys!

*Austin's was a Hummer and Tanner's was a Race Car.

4 comments:

Nettie said...

What adorable little boys! the look on their faces just says it all. THEY ARE SO HAPPY! scouts is alot of work, but alot of fun at the same time:)

Mellissa said...

That's fun that your boys got to do that together. I grew up with the word "Scouts" being a nasty word in my home, so I'm hoping when Carter gets to that age (next year) I will be able to let that go and let him have fun with Scouts.

Michelle said...

It was fun having your boys here yesterday. Although, it probably wasn't very fun for them, my boys sure loved it. Austin told me all about his new nerf guns. He was pretty excited about them! Tell James thanks again for bringing the wood chipper and helping Paul so much yesterday. I hope he knows how much we appreciate all his help he has given us. I hope you had a fun day shopping with your mom! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I remember the pinewood derbys when we lived in Cedar. They were so fun. :)

1 more year until Austin passes the sacrament then 'eh? It is amazing how fast these kids grow. Mine are still so young, but I am feeling it and it makes me sad-especially after retiring Madison's 0-3 months clothes the other day...